I recently got a crock pot and have been looking for some recipes to try. I found quite a few but with this huge meat recall I didn’t want to take any chances. I finally came across this one that sounds delicious! I remember making jambalaya while in college and bringing it to a pot luck. Everyone loved it and became a dish I was always asked to bring.
Shrimp Jambalaya (adapted from The Crockin’ Girls)
3/4 lb (.340 kg) of boneless, skinless chicken breast
1/2 lb (.227 kg) of kielbasa
1/2 lb (.227 kg) of smoked ham, diced
1 onion, chopped
4 cloves of minced garlic
14 1/2 oz whole tomatoes
1/4 cup of tomato paste
1 cup of chicken broth
1 tbsp of dried parsley
1 1/2 tsp of dried basil leaves
1/2 tsp of dried oregano leaves
1 1/2 tsp of Frank’s hot sauce
1 1/2 tsp of cayenne pepper
1 tsp of black pepper
Salt to taste
1 lbs uncooked shrimp, shelled and cleaned
4 cups of cooked rice
- Cut the chicken into bite sized pieces.
- Add all the remaining ingredients except the shrimp and rice to the slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on low for 8 to 10 hrs or on High for 3 to 4 hrs.
- Add the shrimp during the last 30 mins of cooking.
- Pour the shrimp jambalaya over the rice when ready to serve.